Architectural Products | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time CAD Drafter (Solidworks) for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely and accurate creation of Production Drawing package of components and assemblies for Architectural Interiors Specials.
1. Specials Production Drawings creation
- Create Specials Production Drawings as per directed by Specials Designer / Engineering Team
- Ensures that all drawings created are to the correction of Teknion standards
- Meet the requirements of ECO process, ISO and other process standards
2. Special Drawing Database/File Maintenance
- Update existing Specials Drawing Database based on recent approved Engineering Change
- Generating and support ECR for Specials Group
- Update obsolete / out of date drawings for maintenance
- Create Specials Installation Guide as per directed by Specials Designer / Engineer Team
- Liase / Support Manufacturing ensuring the proper manufacturing process is captured on drawing.
- Liase with Supplier as required ensuring drawing reflects supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide quality control of drawing information by checking the work of other CAD (Solidworks) Drafter
- Use Solidworks PDM system to check in completed drawing and approve revision control
- 3+ years of Solid Works experience.
- 3+ years of drafting/ detailing.
- Solidworks Certification (CSWP or above) preferred
- Knowledge of Solidworks PDM system
- Strong knowledge of the working of PC, Excel and a word processing package.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and manufacturing BOMs
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks / objectives.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Each CAD (Solidworks) Drafter is required to support an average of 40% of drawing request for in house order
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round