Materials, Purchasing and Facilities | Concord, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
This incumbent is responsible for ensuring an uninterrupted flow of materials, in support of the manufacturing schedule. Through careful analysis, anticipate and avert any negative situations that may impact customer satisfaction. Minimizing inventory levels and maximizing inventory turns, is essential.
The incumbent is also accountable for vendor performance. This includes, but not limited to, the tracking of on-time delivery, the taking of appropriate action in maintaining vendor performance where needed, blocked invoice analysis and correction, as well as fostering a positive working relationship. Maintenance and accuracy of systems data, as related to this function, is also primary, this includes all General, Inventory, Purchase and Order data parameters.
The incumbent is responsible for becoming knowledgeable of specific company units, specific commodity, group of material, service, and transportation requirements, their uses and application, their sources of supply and availability, and the price, quality, vendor performance, and market conditions of specified requirements.
The incumbent is responsible for becoming familiar with the company's purchasing policy and local requisition and purchasing procedures and recognizes, coordinates, and communicates, when required, commodities that can more economically be centrally purchased.
- Print the PRP demand report for the appropriate warehouse daily. Verify actual special requirements to be transferred into purchase orders. Determine if there is any existing inventory, and if existing, create a warehouse order to eliminate demand in system. Create purchase orders to pertinent suppliers for all other requirements.
- Report all BOM errors found in the PRP report to the BOM group for corrective action.
- Print the MRP report for the appropriate warehouse, weekly or more frequently if possible, and evaluate suggested MRP purchase orders for validity. Placing respective purchase order with the correct supplier.
- Evaluate change orders, by E-mail, pertaining to both PRP and MRP materials. Approve or reject, taking into account standard lead times and priority of the order.
- Enter pricing and set-up charges on purchase orders for specials, prior to receiving.
- Check purchase orders for accuracy of information before faxing to supplier. Reviews all confirmed commitments received with respect to the overall value to the company as to delivery, price, payment terms, and vendor selection quality, so as to report any loss to the company both to purchasing and management.
- Track and expedite materials where necessary, through the use of the late PO report, to ensure on time delivery. Monitors open transactions through completion and closing of said transactions and informs as necessary vendors, requisitioners, appropriate management on order status and delivery.
- Evaluate all received requisitions of required material and services (MRO / CARA) for completeness, description, appropriate approval, delivery date, and designated receipt point and execute only valid Goods and Services requisitioned requirements. Communicates purchasing policies and requisition procedures to all requisitioners’ and potential requisitioners in the designated area of responsibility.
- Assist in maintaining inventory accuracy, by monitoring with the assistance of production, any BOM versus work-order discrepancies. Insure that inventories are adjusted through the cycle counting process.
- Work in conjunction with, all departments and suppliers to achieve the goal of customer satisfaction. Establishes and maintains rapport and business association with suppliers and appropriate salespeople and directs vendor technical and operating expertise as required to appropriate internal personnel.
- Identify and Implement methods for inventory stocking improvements, both at the supplier and at your specific location. Monitors inventory levels and dispose of surplus or obsolete material in an appropriate manner.
- Communicate with production on a consistent basis, regarding any material problems, which may cause the scheduling of customer orders to be altered.
- Maintain and update all Purchasing item data.
- Maintain and update material pricing, through the Price and discount session within the ERP system.
- Assist in the processing of Blocked invoices by functional area of responsibility.
- Maintain a consistently low PPV on all items within your functional area.
- Commodity analysis, of current and potential substitutions. Keeping in mind, the fit form and function criteria.
- Cost reductions of materials through the Initiation and participation in the benchmarking process which will include, but not be limited to, the potential re-sourcing of appropriate vendors, along with the negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions.
- Act as backup Manufacturing Communication Representative (MCR)
- Perform all other assigned duties as required.
- Post secondary education or equivalent job-related experience (5 Years).
- Formal purchasing training and or certification an asset. Should include courses regarding laws and regulations that pertain to the procurement of these requirements as they pertain to delivery and usage of the specified item at the required location of use.
- Must have an excellent understanding and experience with ERP systems. (Specifically Material Requirements Planning and Inventory Control practices.) Baan experience preferred.
- Commitment to process control discipline including documentation of policies and procedures where necessary.
- Articulate and computer literate. (Word processing, Excel spread sheets, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-moving stressful environment.
- Accurate and precise with above average organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and with team members.
- Ability to handle multitask assignments and prioritise work on demand.
- Personable, with a high level of “people” and communication attributes, both oral and written.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round