Bilingual Accounts Receivable Administrator
Finance | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Bilingual Accounts Receivable Administrator is accountable for managing an AR Portfolio which includes Teknion LLC, all French accounts for Teknion Limited and the Syteline portfolio. This entails timely collection of Teknion’s outstanding sales invoices in order to maximize cash flow, mitigate credit risk and meet specific DSO and A/R Aging targets. Timely resolution of issues such as billing errors, discount adjustments, accounting issues etc. to meet customer’s expectations and subsequent issuing in a timely and accurate manner credit/debit notes and requests for payments. Liaison with internal groups such as R&B Order Entry, Customer Service, Sales, Finance, etc.
- Maximize collection efficiency by managing a specific A/R portfolio meeting or exceeding A/R Metrics – (DSO; A/R Aging)
- Proactively collect outstanding receivables within terms prescribed by our credit policy by closely monitoring and follow up of accounts. Escalation in a timely manner.
- Monthly spreadsheets and/or statements to dealers and direct accounts highlighting past due invoices
- Investigate and research payment discrepancies and process credit/debits as required
- Maintain close liaison with other departments, i.e. Customer Service, Order Entry, Shipping, Sales and Regional Offices to provide clarification and/or sign-off on billing discrepancies to allow the prompt processing of credit/debit adjustments.
- Suggest and implement process improvements to enhance efficiencies.
- Processing of dealer’s invoices in a timely manner. Prepare and enter credit/debit notes upon approval.
- Monthly preparation of Commission payments.
- Timely response to internal and external customer request for information.
- Documentation of customer file with contact information, collection activity and updated comments on disputed invoices on the Share Drive
- Monthly teleconferences on specific accounts as required to determine payments and resolve issues
- Daily updates on Google Sheets for payment information so cash application can be performed
- Bilingual in French and English mandatory
- College diploma or University degree
- CCP certification or enrolment in the CCP program would be preferred
- Three or more years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Google Drive would be preferred
- Knowledge of BAAN/Syteline would be preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work to optimize collection efficiency and meet deadlines
- Detailed oriented and the ability to work independently under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round