Accounts Receivable Specialist
Finance | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is hiring a full-time Accounts Receivable Administrator for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will manage an AR Portfolio which includes both Canadian & US accounts. Your role includes collection of Teknion’s outstanding sales invoices in order to maximize cash flow, mitigate credit risk within DSO and A/R Aging targets. You will engage with external Dealers, General Contractors and Direct Bill Accounts to address complex issues. You will engage internal groups such as Order Entry, Customer Service, Sales, Finance, Invoicing, to resolve billing errors, discount adjustments, accounting issues etc. by requesting credit/debit notes and/or requesting payments.
- Maximize collection efficiency by managing a specific A/R portfolio meeting or exceeding A/R Metrics (Collection Amount, A/R Aging, DSO, minimize write-offs)
- Collect outstanding receivables within credit terms by closely monitoring and follow up of accounts. Escalate in a timely manner.
- Send monthly statements to Dealers, General Contractors and Direct Bill accounts highlighting past due & upcoming amounts to be paid.
- Investigate and research payment discrepancies and process credit/debits as required
- Engage with other departments, i.e. Customer Service, Order Entry, Shipping, Sales and Regional Offices to provide clarification and/or sign-off on billing discrepancies to allow the prompt processing of credit/debit adjustments.
- Process Dealer invoices in a timely manner. Prepare and enter credit/debit notes upon approval.
- Timely response to internal and external customer requests for information.
- Document customer file with contact information, collection activity and updated comments on disputed invoices on shared files.
- Daily updates on Google Sheets for payment information so cash application can be performed
- Monthly teleconferences on specific accounts as required to resolve issues and facilitate payment.
- Proactively identify and communicate customer issues to management.
- Suggest and implement process improvements to enhance efficiencies.
- College diploma or University degree
- Three or more years of Accounts Receivable experience would be preferred
- CCP certification or enrolment would be preferred
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Sheets, Docs
- Knowledge of BAAN would be preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Communication and negotiating skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and within team environment
- Detail oriented
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round