Director of Media Strategy
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
TeenSafe was created in 2011 by parents for parents to help keep their children safe and flourishing. Smartphones have become a huge part of our kids’ lives and we believe that monitoring and managing their activity is an essential part of modern parenting. This belief drives our talented team to create and market solutions that help parents detect and solve many of the issues children face in the mobile social digital age.
Why work with us?
TeenSafe ensures that our employees are well taken care of.
We know our team is the driving forces behind our company’s success, and we constantly look for ways to reward them. Competitive compensation, health insurance, 401k, and flexible office-hours, are just some of the benefits we offer.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Director of Media Strategy to join our growing San Francisco team. Our ideal candidate will have experience executing traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies, media buying, and managing agency relationships.
To unify media buying across all channels while working with Analytics, Creative and Media Buying experts to execute strategic, planning recommendations.
- Act as strategic navigator for collaborating teams by leading the thinking to inspire innovative, strategic media solutions to meet campaign KPIs and targeted audience awareness based on business and consumer insights
- Present media plans to our Board of Directors
- Integration of digital and other new media channels
- Develop media plans, following approved strategy, that elicits strong consumer response, build brand awareness and extend reach and frequency
- Evaluate value and relevance of media channels and share knowledge with others
- Interpret consumer research
- Ensure the team delivers sound strategic media/communication recommendations based on a clear understanding of brand objectives
- Develop media planning process improvements and best practices to ensure consistency, flexibility, and efficiency resulting in solutions that meet or exceed company goals
- Work closely with our VP Marketing and CEO to identify any scope of work issues related to staffing or media executions and find strong solutions
- Expert command of media research resources, capabilities, and limitations
- Embody TeenSafe’s values and cultivate them among team members
- Exemplify collaboration by building and maintaining productive relationships across all communications areas
Recommended Knowledge and Skills:
- Recommended experience: 3+ years’ media buying, planning
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with GA, Direct Response, and Hybrid campaigns
- Experience negotiating media and understanding the value of media
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Strong writing, presentation and strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Able to work independently and have excellent time management skills
- Problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions
- Organized, and detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced environment and handle ad hoc requests
- Interest and familiarity through use of digital media
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly growing work environment
- Experience in management and/or strategy consulting a plus