Web Software Engineer II
Engineering | Foster City, CA | Full Time
Hybrid (noun) hy•brid \ˈhī-brəd\
Something that is formed by combining two or more things.
We believe that fewer words define Techshed more accurately than hybrid. A start-up environment powered by the stability of The Home Depot has helped us create a company populated by a team of talented players who work endlessly to solve real problems for real people, every single day. Our cutting-edge products are the result of lofty goals, deep research, healthy debates, boundless innovation, and most importantly, cross-functional collaboration. Everything we create, we create as a team.
In fact, our team is our company; they bring passion to everything they do. They’re friendly, outgoing, focused, and are some of the best and brightest that Silicon Valley has to offer. So come join the Techshed team and see what it’s like to create real products that actually improve our customers’ lives.
- Shuttle Options
- Paid Clipper Pass
- Toll Reimbursement
- 401K & ESPP
- Medical, Vision, & Dental
- Bicycle Friendly
- Free Lunch
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Reimbursement
Techshed, a Home Depot company, creates and develops interactive, user-friendly products that help improve how homeowners find and connect with qualified home service professionals in their neighborhood. Our product offerings currently include Pro Referral, Service Connect, as well as The Home Depot’s Home Services.
The Web Software Engineer II is responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, software development, and overall product lifecycle for a product. The engineering process is highly collaborative. Software Engineers are expected to collaborate with other engineers, product and design on a daily basis as they work through the projects and support products as they evolve. In addition, Software Engineers may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing as well as production monitoring.
As a Software Engineer II, you will be part of a dynamic team to help build and grow your skills while you create, support, and deploy production applications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Creates little to no overhead, and requires minimal support of more senior members of the team.
- Writes unit and integration tests for each deliverable.
- Effectively and comprehensively exercising the code.
- Prevents the introduction of subsequent bugs.
- Eyes for details and correctness in deliverables with focus towards documentation, testability, and reliability.
- Corrects existing bugs or design issues, addresses new bugs when discovered.
- Actively contributing to code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed.
- Contributes to the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required by participating in technical discussion and framework evaluations.
- Identifies product enhancements (client-facing or technical) to create a better experience for the end users.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience with participation through completion of a complex software project (at least 1 year on project)
- Strong knowledge of responsive design, media queries, and mobile CSS frameworks, Flexbox, CSS Grid Layout.
- Comfortable with a development environment that includes Node.js, CSS pre-processors such as SASS/LESS, and source control systems such as Git.
- Familiarity with AJAX, JSON and web API integration experiences.