Design | Foster City, CA | Full Time
- Our tagline says it all: People want to find trusted professionals for projects in their biggest and most precious asset: their homes. Redbeacon solves the problem by making the process easier, faster, and most importantly, guaranteed. Building products for the web, mobile, and the aisles of the America’s largest home-improvement retailer, we’ve got a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks.
- Three ex-Googlers founded Redbeacon with fanfare by landing funding with Mayfield Fund and Venrock and by winning the top prize at the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010, and 2011 Always on 250. In January 2012, The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon, a move that ensures Redbeacon’s mission will reach customers in each of The Home Depot’s 2000+ stores.
- The Redbeacon office is the kind of place where you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented and launched in the afternoon. The company environment is friendly, competitive, passionate, and hardworking — our employees represent 7 different countries, 10 U.S. states, and dozens of top-tier universities, including Princeton, Harvard, and MIT.
- The Redbeacon philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Redbeacon includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Keep reading and see why The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon not only for its cutting-edge technology, but also for its best-of-the-Valley talent.
About the Job:
- Making an impact immediately in a industry in need of modernization. Similar to airbnb, uber, and task rabbit - Redbeacon is aiming to improve how people see and experience the home service industry from getting sink fixed to creating your dream home.
- Designing high fidelity photoshop and illustrator works which will be seen by thousands on mobile apps, websites, and in Home Depot Stores around the country!
- Contributing to a small and fun design team that needs your expertise and insight on delivering an exciting and progressive brand experience.
- Growing your skills to work in fields that drive you including branding, multimedia/video, interaction, service, promotional, and application design.
- Must be a Photoshop expert
- Eager to learn and excited about the product
- Willing to be in training for a few months
Nice to have:
Extra Credit for those who can send a Redesign of our Homepage
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: