User Experience (UX) Designer II
Design | Foster City, CA | Full Time
Hybrid (noun) hy•brid \ˈhī-brəd\
Something that is formed by combining two or more things.
We believe that fewer words define Techshed more accurately than hybrid. A start-up environment powered by the stability of The Home Depot has helped us create a company populated by a team of talented players who work endlessly to solve real problems for real people, every single day. Our cutting-edge products are the result of lofty goals, deep research, healthy debates, boundless innovation, and most importantly, cross-functional collaboration. Everything we create, we create as a team.
In fact, our team is our company; they bring passion to everything they do. They’re friendly, outgoing, focused, and are some of the best and brightest that Silicon Valley has to offer. So come join the Techshed team and see what it’s like to create real products that actually improve our customers’ lives.
- Shuttle Options
- Paid Clipper Pass
- Toll Reimbursement
- 401K & ESPP
- Medical, Vision, & Dental
- Bicycle Friendly
- Free Lunch
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Reimbursement
Techshed, a Home Depot company, creates and develops interactive, user-friendly products that help improve how homeowners find and connect with qualified home service professionals in their neighborhood. Our product offerings currently include Pro Referral, Service Connect, as well as The Home Depot’s Home Services.
We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer II responsible for providing great experience for customers and pros of home services, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterating upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to various experiences and product features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial, options and solutions focused, intense speed and scale.
- 3+ years of solid experience in UX for software products in web, desktop, and mobile.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, InDesign, AXURE, UserTesting, Trello, Zeplin, and the like is a must.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Familiarity with designing mobile applications (Android / iOS) is a plus.
- Familiarity with motion UX principles using tools such as Lottie, Adobe Animate CC, Sketch2AE, Framer, Origami is a plus
- Work in iterative processes, including agile and lean methodologies.
- Ability to work with Product Manager and Business partners to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams across the organization.