Quality Engineer III
Engineering | Foster City, CA | Full Time
Hybrid (noun) hy•brid \ˈhī-brəd\
Something that is formed by combining two or more things.
We believe that fewer words define Techshed more accurately than hybrid. A start-up environment powered by the stability of The Home Depot has helped us create a company populated by a team of talented players who work endlessly to solve real problems for real people, every single day. Our cutting-edge products are the result of lofty goals, deep research, healthy debates, boundless innovation, and most importantly, cross-functional collaboration. Everything we create, we create as a team.
In fact, our team is our company; they bring passion to everything they do. They’re friendly, outgoing, focused, and are some of the best and brightest that Silicon Valley has to offer. So come join the Techshed team and see what it’s like to create real products that actually improve our customers’ lives.
- Shuttle Options
- Paid Clipper Pass
- Toll Reimbursement
- 401K & ESPP
- Medical, Vision, & Dental
- Bicycle Friendly
- Free Lunch
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Reimbursement
Techshed, a Home Depot company, creates and develops interactive, user-friendly products that help improve how homeowners find and connect with qualified home service professionals in their neighborhood. Our product offerings currently include Pro Referral, Service Connect, as well as The Home Depot’s Home Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
(50%) Tests software for web applications in order to identify defects with minimal support from senior engineers
(25%) Writes and updates higher level test cases and test plans for assigned projects
(10%) Is knowledgeable about automation and identifies the test cases that should be automated
(10%) Independently leads testing efforts for projects
(5%) Mentors and recruit junior quality engineers, enforce strong quality practices in the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or other technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
- At least 5-7 years of hands on testing experience
- Has played a quality leadership role (Senior Quality Engineer, Architect Quality Engineer) in at least one other organization, company or capacity.
- Ability to mentor and recruit junior quality engineers & enforce good testing practices
- A demonstrated ability to automate tests during testing
- Ability to clearly communicate the details of a software defect
- A team player who happily works with team members of various abilities and backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines