Product Management | Foster City, CA | Full Time
Redbeacon Product Manager - San Mateo, CA
- Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We’re figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we’re growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
- Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50 , the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
- As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon’s mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It’s a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
- Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
About the Job:
- We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded Product Manager. You are a driven person who thrives in a chaotic, fast moving agile environment… a leader who gets stuff done.
- You will conduct research and gather data by working with consumers and pros who use RedBeacon’s product. You will then work with our design and engineering teams to launch products that realize the full potential of our service.
- You will own products across the Web, iOS, and Android platforms and be responsible for their success.
- Leverage the scale of The Home Depot to build new businesses with revenue in the billions of dollars.
- At Redbeacon you’ll work with great engineering and design teams and you’ll move fast doing daily pushes.
- As a Product Manager you’ll have the autonomy to own the decisions and final success of products.
- Contribute to product direction by analyzing the market, identifying opportunities and developing ideas that inform company-wide prioritization.
- Talk to customers and pros and conduct user research. Gather requirements and analyze data. Turn ideas into actionable plans.
- Mock up concepts using tools you are already proficient with. Write functional and technical specs.
- Lead an agile software development process.
- Own the immediate-term product road-map: write, assign and re-prioritize stories.
- Troubleshoot product issues and answer product- and UI-related questions.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Product Manager, ideally at a consumer web company.
- A deep technical understanding and enthusiasm for the latest technological advances. CS degree and/or development experience is a big plus. MBA is also a plus.
- Great communication skills. Ability to ask questions, listen, facilitate discussions and arbitrate decisions.
- Highly efficient. Entrepreneurial. Organized. Detail-oriented. You get things done. You move fast, fail, and learn from your mistakes.
- A strong UI sense. You are a stickler for good user experience and you likely have strong opinions based on experience.
- Experience working in an agile software development process.
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from San Francisco and Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: