Office Assistant/ Payroll Coordinator
Administration - HR, Recruiting, Finance | Foster City, CA | Full Time
- Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We’re figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we’re growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
- Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50 , the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
- As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon’s mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It’s a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
- Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
About the Job:
We are seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated payroll and office assistant to support our team. Your job is to keep our team organized, prioritized and productive while we grow. This role requires superior attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple high priority requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is important, as is a good sense of humor.
- You will be in charge of entering and processing payroll (ADP WFN) including monthly special payroll runs
- You will enter invoices and make payments to vendors in Quickbooks Online, cutting checks at least once a week.
- Do whatever is necessary to remove distractions and keep the team happy, selecting and managing office vendors, stocking the fridge, coordinating lunches and other office deliveries, managing office equipment and mail.
- Learn. Herd cats. Be smart. Get stuff done.
- You are a strong planner and organizer, a stickler for details and a master of multi-tasking.
- You have a can-do "make it happen" attitude - you are comfortable making decisions with little supervision or direction.
- You must have experience managing payroll.
- Strong computer skills. Other people ask you how to do stuff on their machine.
- No ego. You are up for anything thrown at you and you tend to stay calm in stressful situations.
- A strong moral compass. Fun. You're the glue that makes friendships work and last.
- You aren't above making copies and answering phones when that's what needs doing.
- A college degree.
- A friendly, tactful, professional manner. Experience dealing with customers, media and vendors.
- Experience completing relatively complex projects with little direction.
- Exposed-brick office space that's only a half block from the San Mateo Caltrain stration
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes or office-adjacent parking passes
- Ordered-in lunch three times per week
- We are in downtown San Mateo....very close to restaurants and bars
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages
- And much more!!!!