Lead QA Engineer
Engineering | Foster City, CA | Full Time
- Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We’re figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we’re growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
- Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50 , the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
- As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon’s mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It’s a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
- Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
About the Job:
Redbeacon.com is looking for our first QA person to lead quality across our web, iOS, and Android products. This is not the typical QA role where you simply follow pre-defined test cases. You will be personally responsible for driving the holistic quality of the Redbeacon product. You will fully understand our product and business goals.
- Triage issues from multiple sources including the product team, customers, and call center agents
- Reproduce the issue and write detailed steps
- Set initial bug priority
- Collect frequency data to back up your bug priority
- Investigate tricky issues by following them throughout the Redbeacon product and our database using simple MySQL queries
- Use your creativity to simulate unique flows within the product
- Create automated browser Selenium tests
- Use your product instinct to identify confusing or cumbersome user experiences within the product
- Fully understand the entire Redbeacon product
- Personally responsible for the quality of the Redbeacon product
- 2+ years of experience working in the software industry
- Willingness and ability to learn MySQL database queries and Selenium automated tests
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Take ownership and drive results
- Highly efficient, entrepreneurial, organized, and detail-oriented. You get things done. You move fast, fail, and learn from your mistakes.
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain.
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes or office-adjacent parking passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages
- And much more!!!!