Jr. Software Engineer
Engineering | Foster City, CA | Full Time
- Our tagline says it all. People want to find trusted professionals for projects within their biggest and most precious asset: their homes. Redbeacon solves the problem by making the process easier, faster, and most importantly, guaranteed. Building products for the web, mobile, and the aisles of the America’s largest home-improvement retailer, we’ve got a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks.
- Three ex-Googlers founded Redbeacon with fanfare by landing funding with Mayfield Fund and Venrock and by winning the top prize at the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010, and 2011 Always on 250. In January 2012, The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon, a move that ensures Redbeacon’s mission will reach customers in each of The Home Depot’s 2000+ stores.
- The Redbeacon office is the kind of place where you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented and launched in the afternoon. The company environment is friendly, competitive, passionate, and hardworking — our employees represent 7 different countries, 10 U.S. states, and dozens of top-tier universities, including Princeton, Harvard, and MIT.
- The Redbeacon philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Redbeacon includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Keep reading and see why The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon not only for its cutting-edge technology, but also for its best-of-the-Valley talent.
- Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
To apply for the role of Software Engineer, you should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, object-oriented programming and web application design
- 0-3+ Years of engineering experience with Python, C, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Knowledge of document, key/value or other non-relational database system such as MongoDB, CouchDB, Memcached, Redis etc.
- Good communication and organization skills
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: