Engineering | Foster City, CA | Full Time
Hybrid (noun) hy•brid \ˈhī-brəd\
Something that is formed by combining two or more things.
We believe that fewer words define Techshed more accurately than hybrid. A start-up environment powered by the stability of The Home Depot has helped us create a company populated by a team of talented players who work endlessly to solve real problems for real people, every single day. Our cutting-edge products are the result of lofty goals, deep research, healthy debates, boundless innovation, and most importantly, cross-functional collaboration. Everything we create, we create as a team.
In fact, our team is our company; they bring passion to everything they do. They’re friendly, outgoing, focused, and are some of the best and brightest that Silicon Valley has to offer. So come join the Techshed team and see what it’s like to create real products that actually improve our customers’ lives.
- Shuttle Options
- Paid Clipper Pass
- Toll Reimbursement
- 401K & ESPP
- Medical, Vision, & Dental
- Bicycle Friendly
- Free Lunch
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Reimbursement
Techshed, a Home Depot company, creates and develops interactive, user-friendly products that help improve how homeowners find and connect with qualified home service professionals in their neighborhood. Our product offerings currently include Pro Referral, Service Connect, as well as The Home Depot’s Home Services.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Hands-on engineering experience with ability to providing technical leadership in all stages of development (analysis, design and development).
- Eye for details and correctness in deliverables with focus towards documentation, testability and reliability.
- High level of comfort working on server side technologies as well as browser based technologies.
- Actively participate in discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions and design patterns).
- Ability to lead and drive modern technology tools, standards and patterns.
- Mentor and recruit junior developer, enforce strong development practices in the team
- Lead code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to review and analyze the requirement and to ensure the solutions adhere to the best developing practices and technologies standards.
- Help establish the technology roadmap
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of hands-on programming experience
- Played a technical leadership role (Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer) in at least one other organization, company or capacity.
- Strong object-oriented programming knowledge. Expert level capability in at least one high programming language – Java/C/C++/C#
- Strong knowledge of RESTful architecture
- Experience developing highly scalable and robust systems designed to withstand the high traffic load
- Good grasp over established technical stacks and ability to learn new quickly.
- Solid understanding of development practices like continuous integration & test driven development.
- Expertise in building commercial grade software that’s secure, scalable. Keeping in mind parameters like, high availability, disaster recovery.
- Expert knowledge of web servers.