Digital Design Engineer (ASIC)
R&D | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Techpoint is a fabless semiconductor company developing proprietary high definition video connectivity technology targeting high definition video surveillance systems and automotive infotainment systems. We are a publicly held company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange with design centers at multiple US locations, as well as offices in China, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan.
- Member of the IC design team responsible for developing complex mixed mode signal/image processing chip for use in the video surveillance and automotive application.
- The candidate will own tasks such as micro-architecture definition, RTL design, integration, verification, test planning and other tasks, which are part of the chip development, verification and validation process.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 7 + years experience or MS with 5 + years experience
- 7+ years of experience in VLSI design
- Experience with Verilog HDL
- Experience in micro-architecture and design of complex blocks
- Familiar with the verification process of a block (test plan, coverage, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge in image processing or signal processing
- Experience with multi-clock domain designs
- Script knowledge (TCL, perl, etc.)
- Experience with the timing closure process (synthesis/STA)
- Experience with DFT and ATPG
- Understanding the entire chip development flow
- Strong execution oriented
- Thorough and accurate
- Good team player and open minded
Our office building is located in North San Jose with an updated gym, outdoor courtyard and recreation center for all tenants. We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k to our full-time employees.