Level 2/3 System Engineer
IT | Woodbridge, NJ | Full Time
Are you a sharp technologist seeking to further develop and solidify valuable/marketable skills? Do you enjoy solving problems and helping people meet business challenges? Are you interested in a work environment that encourages constant professional and personal development?
Technology Visionaries helps small and medium-sized businesses like yours get a real return on their technology investments with cost-effective IT solutions. We are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art IT support, service and products that allow our clients to get ahead of the competition and achieve greater success. Offering services for over 10-years, we have become a trusted and established MSP. Our client demand is growing, and there is an opportunity to add to staff for this reason. This is an opportunity to grow your career and be developed in a role that will allow you to become a top-notch consultant with nearly future-proof skills. Every day will offer new challenges and opportunities for exposure to new technologies.
We are looking for a team member who is fun to be around, inquisitive, laid-back in attitude, committed to working hard for our clients, responsible, and trustworthy. You should be a very solid generalist and able to confidently take on any issue -- particularly problems you have never seen before. You will see new issues every day and must have a methodical approach to problem solving.
About The Opportunity:
- Deliver technical services, problem solving, analytical and corrective resolutions to client requests/onboarding; monitor alerts, and manage project requirements.
- Provide escalation support for other members of small technical team; work with management to mentor and optimize effectiveness of support team.
- Monitor and manage workstation, server, and network components.
- Track all time relating to each project and document assigned responsibilities.
- Set up Windows 2012 Servers (virtual and physical) out of the box.
- Manage Active Directory and group policies (creation and troubleshooting).
- Migrate servers and transfer active directory roles.
- Administer Office 365 – set up new accounts, install software, DirSync, etc.
- Troubleshoot email issues -- send/receive testing and issue resolution.
- Install and troubleshoot firewall/routers -- Rules, NAT, VLANs, VPN (site-to-site and remote user) - web filtering.
- Oversee wireless network deployments
- Test and resolve ISP/connectivity issues
- 3 to 5 years experience in a technical environment
- Relevant educational background (college degree preferred but not required)
- Industry recognized certifications a plus (Microsoft, A+, Cisco, Apple)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems (7,8,10,2008,2012)
- Server roles including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, File/Print, DFS
- Hyper-V management and administration
- Knowledge of firewall technologies - IP Routing, NAT, VPN, and remote access
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 - Office 365
- PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions
About Our Culture:
-- Individualized professional strategic plan to ensure you reach your goals
-- Organized, process-driven approach to technology management
-- Proactive environment with limited client emergencies
-- Access to state-of-the-art service tools
-- Commitment to proven technologies