Technology & Development | Onsite, Remote or Combination | Full Time
Allegiance Group is seeking a full-time WordPress Developer. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a remote environment working collaboratively on teams that can range from small to large clients with content strategists, designers, developers, project managers, project owners. We expect all candidates to be comfortable building strategic front-end architecture for large websites, but particularly thrive working alone to build a site from provided designs and specifications.
Successful candidates will have strong technical skills combined with the ability to be creative and compassionate. They will be able to manage themselves in a remote-work environment and possess excellent communication habits to work well with other team members and clients. Equally important is that this individual can stand behind and support our Core Values. Allegiance Group is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to be a place where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and feel safe while doing so.
We are looking for
- A problem solver who is comfortable taking established technologies and processes and adapting them to their client and project’s needs
- A self-starter who works equally well independently or in collaboration with others
- A adept juggler able to keep multiple simultaneous projects and their teams' moving efficiently
- A trusted advisor capable of building long-standing relationships with clients through high quality work and wise counsel
- A skilled communicator, who excels at setting priorities, expectations, and communicating with clients around project needs and task progress
Skills and Experience
The ideal Developer will have:
- 5+ years experience building and theming custom WordPress sites, including writing custom plugins, functions, and front end code.
- Hands on experience working in local development environments, command line, and expertise using git-based tools (we use GitLab)
- Experience with Timber and Patternlab based themes (including related configuration and Webpack build process).
- Familiarity with JIRA or other bug tracking tools
Bonus points for
Drupal experience (either theming or site building)
Other good things to know about this opportunity:
- We are currently operating remotely, however, this position is full time out of our Washington DC Metro Area office (we’re located 2 metro-stops across the river in Arlington, VA). Working remotely will be considered for the right candidate.
- Once it is safe to do so, this position may require occasional travel throughout the US, primarily in the northeastern corridor.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Allegiance Group.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Allegiance Group offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Allegiance Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
About Allegiance Group
At Allegiance Group we help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act. Our clients include leading organizations such as the truth Campaign, Audubon Society, the Ocean Conservancy and the League of Women Voters.
Benefits, Rewards & Perks at Allegiance Group
- The people. We are friendly, smart, curious and passionate about what we do!
- Competitive salaries + Profit Sharing + "Torchies" quarterly bonus program
- Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
- Platinum & Silver-level Health insurance plans - Medical, Dental & Vision. Pet insurance, too!
- 401k and company match
- Culture of Learning: Your own annual training budget, Friday Square tables and more
- Regular staff events
- When we are back in the office, impromptu visits by the afternoon beverage cart and an onsite gym
- Oh, and don’t forget - You're working with clients who are making a positive difference in the world.