Sr Director, East Coast Clinical Business Development
Administration | (Remote) | Full Time
We are the leading oncology CRO, developing novel treatments for patients that need them most. Our team is fully dedicated to oncology – it is all we do – combining innovation and expertise to quickly move medicines from preclinical development into clinical trials. Adaptive and forward-thinking – we guide our client's therapy through the most critical development milestones from the lab to planning their regulatory and clinical strategy. Our ultimate goal? To help patients.
This role involves a combination of sales and marketing strategy expertise in the CRO space. This position is responsible for managing direct clinical trial sales in assigned territories. This position also participates in the planning and implementation of sales and marketing strategies. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Manages existing customer accounts and establishes new customer accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing/potential sales opportunities
- Manages and leads clinical trial bid defense strategy team to garner deeper market penetration
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and reports through CRM system
- Gathers current marketplace information to identify new opportunities and monitor competition
- Resolves customer issues as they arise by investigating problems, developing solutions and making recommendations to management
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by self-directed research, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Participates in the development of marketing plans and sales plans to achieve corporate objectives for services
- Represents TD2 at trade shows and meetings to promote services
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of six years of clinical trial sales experience.
- Oncology clinical experience preferred.
- Significant travel within assigned territory is required.
Required Specialized/Technical Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical acumen in drug development services
- Proven track record in sales
- Effective territory management
- Excellent prospecting, negotiation, and closing skills
Born from the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen), TD2 was formed in 2003 as a subsidiary of TGen, and less than two years later, opened its doors on the campus of the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz. In our 17 years of business, we have helped more than 600 biotech and pharma companies, maintaining hundreds of client studies per year. Among them, our team has been involved in more than 600 first-in-man major oncology medicines, including numerous trials that have led to approvals in both rare and large indications.
TD2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.