Technical ABAP Consultant
Professional Services | Any Location | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. We’re growing at 200+% annually while maintaining 100% customer retention rate. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
About the Job:
The Consultant implements Taulia's innovative solutions at client sites globally, and guides them through the full implementation cycle from concept to launch. This consultant will be implementing ABAP code to fulfill custom requirements.
The Consultant will customize or enhance functionality of the product to ensure Taulia clients are the happiest in the industry. Additionally, the Consultant serves as the eyes and ears of Taulia, transforming client feedback into product innovation.
The candidate is a team player who loves to be hands-on, especially in an SAP ERP environment. They can easily translate business opportunities into technical customizations and/or product-requirement documentation.
The Consultant must have an established track record of successful SAP engagements. They understand the business problems in accounts payable, procurement, and treasury in relation to SAP ERP (FI, AP, MM) and other ERP solutions.
- Participate in workshops to analyze and define business requirements, processes and objectives.
- Write ABAP code to create customizations through User Exits to meet customer requirements.
- Troubleshoot and debug the Taulia product to be able to identify errors and issues during the implementation process.
- Implement, customize, enhance and test Taulia solutions on client system to meet business requirements.
- Develop project documentation, provide knowledge transfer and conduct end-user training.
- Work hand-in-hand with Taulia project manager and functional consultant to provide technical expertise, guidance and support of the client throughout the project lifecycle and post-go live.
- Work closely with product development and quality assurance teams to keep product knowledge current, and to contribute to improving Taulia software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field is required.
- 2-4 years of SAP experience, or less if complemented by related experience or product.
- Alternatively, 2 years SAP experience combined with 1 years of Procure to Pay and AP Automation business experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with ABAP and SAP technical skills, including user exits, BADI and implicit enhancements.
- Ability to debug and understand code in a new SAP Add-on product with minimal assistance.
- Ability to gather, analyze and define requirements to develop professional standard solution documentation.
- Ability to present custom solutions in front of customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and manage tasks to completion.
- Ability to support projects with partner resources.
- Understanding of SaaS solutions, technology and architecture.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvements in the PS methodology process.
- Ability to set the right expectation to customer and project team and deliver the right solution in a timely manner.
- Capable of communicating effectively with a variety of personality styles.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, particularly within a team environment.
- Results-oriented with strong sense of initiative and urgency.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in implementation of AP automation software, preferably from ReadSoft, Dolphin, or Open Text.
- Business analyst skills – Ability to gather, analyze and define requirements to develop professional standard solution documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with S/4HANA.
- Experience with SAP PI.