Engineering | Austin, TX | Full Time
Taulia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
About the job:
Taulia is looking for a Software Engineer who can:
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy/Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Jersey and more...
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud without waiting for assignments.
- Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of full stack development experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team.
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in the cloud. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load without getting frustrated.
- Expert level knowledge with Java, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Deep experience developing low-latency scalable micro-services and APIs that participate in a graph of constantly evolving micro-services.
- Experience writing automation tests for every logical line of code.
- Familiarity with event and messaging based architecture, and related technologies.
- Experience optimizing data access at middle-tier/back-end services against both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
- Comfortable being on-call, to work through production issues while focusing on problem resolution.
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing and deployment are all old hat to you.
Nice to Have:
- You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Cassandra, MySQL, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Jenkins.
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.
What will get you noticed:
- Experience with capacity and performance optimization using data caching and sharding techniques.
- Experience with event/messaging based architecture using Kafka/ActiveMQ
- Expert knowledge in transaction handling and database optimization
- Experience writing high-performance algorithms
- Experience working with payment processors
- Experience with BPM Workflow Engines like Camunda
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Competitive Compensation (Annual Base Salary, Annual Bonus, Equity)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.