Engineering | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Henkel, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code. Elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy and Java using our tools: Gradle, Spring, Jersey, Grails and more.
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud.
- Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team. You care about culture and know how to set the pace while maintaining high quality.
- Experience building and successfully deploying software. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers, and load, without getting frustrated.
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation. You're comfortable with continuous integration and automated testing/deployment.
- You’ve built a cloud-based product before and stuck around to scale it.
- You know your way around the middle-tier, back-end and database (SQL and noSQL) interactions.
- You work within distributed systems leveraging messaging and asynchronous distributed workflows.
- You never stop learning. You crave knowledge, and you look for the best tools and processes to solve problems.
Nice to Have:
- You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Java, MySQL, Cassandra, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Grails, and Gradle.
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or other financial software.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.