Engineering | Austin, TX | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 2 million businesses and processes more than $500 billion every year.
Through a unique combination of its technology platform, people and process, Taulia helps companies access the value tied up in their supply chain by transitioning from inefficient and often manual working capital management practices into technology-led, working capital optimization strategies.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the job:
Taulia is looking for a Software Engineer who can:
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy/Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Jersey and more...
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud without waiting for assignments.
- Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of full stack development experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team.
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in the cloud. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load without getting frustrated.
- Expert level knowledge with Java, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Deep experience developing low-latency scalable micro-services and APIs that participate in a graph of constantly evolving micro-services.
- Experience writing automation tests for every logical line of code.
- Familiarity with event and messaging based architecture, and related technologies.
- Experience optimizing data access at middle-tier/back-end services against both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
- Comfortable being on-call, to work through production issues while focusing on problem resolution.
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing and deployment are all old hat to you.
Nice to Have:
You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Cassandra, MySQL, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Jenkins.
Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
Experience mentoring other software engineers.
What will get you noticed:
- Experience with capacity and performance optimization using data caching and sharding techniques.
- Experience with event/messaging based architecture using Kafka/ActiveMQ
- Expert knowledge in transaction handling and database optimization
- Experience writing high-performance algorithms
- Experience working with payment processors
- Experience with BPM Workflow Engines like Camunda
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.