Engineering | Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments, and improve supply chain health. Since founding in 2009, we've envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash.
Today, our game-changing technology powers a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and has accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments. Using our AI powered platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple, but our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to rocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It's win-win for everybody.
What working with us feels like:
- We're a tribe of agile teams. We craft a cloud-based, multi-tenant platform employing microservice architecture;
- Our stack includes Groovy and Java, Spring, Jersey, Gradle, MySQL, Cassandra and more;
- Teams have full ownership of features and components - from technical design to rollout plan. We take care of our products as if we own the company (because we partially do);
- Along with ownership, we have freedom – each team defines their own processes and KPIs and manages a training & party budget;
- No bossing around, micro-management or strict hours. We trust and rely on each-other;
- Everybody feels important and fulfilled. That's a major prerequisite for success to us. So far it's working great!;
- We play Fifa and table tennis, drink aged Scotch and we party. Boy, we party a lot.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take part in designing, scoping and maintaining our features and components;
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code;
- Review your peers' code and receive code reviews in turn;
- Own your feature – build it, deploy it, review performance metrics, suggest improvements;
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
You're our dream candidate if:
- You have 4+ years of Java-world experience in a small, high-velocity team;
- You've built a cloud-based product before and stuck around to scale it as well;
- You're experienced with distributed systems leveraging caching, messaging and REST services;
- You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets and high load without getting frustrated;
- You always look for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing & deployment and TDD are all old hat to you;
- Most importantly, you're a true team player and like to apply common sense in life.
If you take your job seriously, but not yourself. If you enjoy the wild ride of start-up life and being a part of a team that knows how to debate, work with passion, and laugh. If you can make a positive impact on a company's core culture, then apply now.