Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. We’re growing at 200+% annually while maintaining 100% customer retention rate. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
About the job:
Taulia is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can:
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy/Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Jersey and more...
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud without waiting for assignments.
- Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team.
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in the cloud. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load without getting frustrated.
- Expert level knowledge with Java, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Deep experience developing low-latency scalable micro-services and APIs that participate in a graph of constantly evolving micro-services.
- Familiarity with event and messaging based architecture, and related technologies.
- Experience optimizing data access at middle-tier/back-end services against both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
- Comfortable being on-call, to work through production issues while focusing on problem resolution.
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing and deployment are all old hat to you.
Nice to Have:
- You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Cassandra, MySQL, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Jenkins.
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.
What will get you noticed:
- Experience with capacity and performance optimization using data caching and sharding techniques.
- Experience with event/messaging based architecture using Kafka/ActiveMQ
- Expert knowledge in transaction handling and database optimization
- Experience writing high-performance algorithms
- Experience working with payment processors
- Experience with BPM Workflow Engines like Camunda