Senior Software Developer
Engineering | Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code. Elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy and Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Jersey, Grails and more;
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud;
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team. You care about culture and know how to set the pace while maintaining high quality;
- You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load without getting frustrated;
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing & deployment and TDD are all old hat to you;
- You are very strong in middle-tier, back-end and database (SQL and noSQL) interactions;
- You work within distributed systems leveraging messaging, caching and REST services.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in large deployments. You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Java, Cassandra, MySQL, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Grails;
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software;
- You’ve built a cloud-based product before and stuck around to scale it as well;
- Experience with functional tests automation;
- Familiar with agile methodologies.
If you take your job seriously, but not yourself. If you enjoy the wild ride of start-up life and being a part of a team that knows how to debate, work with passion, and laugh. If you can make a positive impact on a company's core culture then apply now.