Senior Software Developer
Engineering | Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. We’re growing at 200+% annually while maintaining 100% customer retention rate. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Henkel, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code. Elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy and Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Jersey, Grails and more;
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud;
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team. You care about culture and know how to set the pace while maintaining high quality;
- You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load without getting frustrated;
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing & deployment and TDD are all old hat to you;
- You are very strong in middle-tier, back-end and database (SQL and noSQL) interactions;
- You work within distributed systems leveraging messaging, caching and REST services.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in large deployments. You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Java, Cassandra, MySQL, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Grails;
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software;
- You’ve built a cloud-based product before and stuck around to scale it as well;
- Experience with functional tests automation;
- Familiar with agile methodologies.
If you take your job seriously, but not yourself. If you enjoy the wild ride of start-up life and being a part of a team that knows how to debate, work with passion, and laugh. If you can make a positive impact on a company's core culture then apply now.