Senior Revenue and Billing Accountant
Finance | Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
Taulia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
Taulia is a fintech company that is part of the SAP group. More than 2 million businesses in over 150 countries collaborate on our network. Our customers include Airbus, AstraZeneca, and Nissan. We help them and their suppliers access cash when and where they need it most. Some of our customers have improved their working capital by more than $1 billion while making their supply chains more resilient and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
About the Job:
- Taulia is looking for a Revenue/Billing Accountant to join our growing team. We’re based in San Francisco, CA, with EU offices in UK, Germany, and Bulgaria. We are looking for professional, and organized individuals who can integrate across diverse teams, operate in structured and unstructured environments and help to expand our processes to ensure a streamlined and compliant billing and collections process.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented, and possess high attention to detail while being able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- As the Revenue/Billing Accountant, you will be a key member of the finance team, reporting to the Revenue Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various revenue recognition analyses and prepare memos/workpapers to support conclusion
- Review amendments to sales contracts and interpret the impact on billing and/or revenue recognition
- Perform various revenue recognition analyses and prepare memos/workpapers to support conclusions
- Responsible for accurate and detailed preparation and delivery of billing and invoices.
- Tracking monthly customer transaction usage/overage, and processing transaction basis billing as needed.
- Maintain AR Aging and have weekly follow-ups on outstanding invoices.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries or disputes.
- Tackle month-end close tasks, including reconciliations (AR, Unbilled AR, Sales tax payable)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in staying on top of customer accounts
- Utilize NetSuite to extract data and reports for management (accounts receivable aging)
- Assist team with annual audits and working with external auditors
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures as assigned.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in Fintech/SaaS.
- Software Revenue Recognition experience is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, Exposure to ASC 606 compliance projects.
- Software Revenue Recognition experience strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize and perform multiple projects while working with team members, as well as work independently with limited required direction.
- Positive attitude and flexibility to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Eager to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA is a plus.
- Attention to detail, organization, and strong management skills.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce is a plus.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.