Senior GL Accountant
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
About the Job:
We are looking for an excited and experienced Senior GL Accountant who is eager to roll up their sleeves and play a critical role in the scaling of Taulia’s Finance department. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, self-starter and has a strong bias towards action. Someone that is flexible and excited by a fast-moving environment. This is a highly visible role - the Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to work directly with department leads and present key insights to upper-level management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly journal entries, reconciliations, income statements and balance sheet fluxes.
- Ensure reconciliation documentation is clear and up to date.
- Review operating expense accounts for accuracy and provide proactive analysis to identify issues.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations and identify expense accruals.
- Support audit engagements, including providing supporting documentation.
- Develop optimal procedures and best practices. Identify process and control improvement opportunities and work with management and peers to implement appropriate changes.
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of new or enhancements of current accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Communicate issues and resolutions to management and affected areas/departments.
- Coordinate solutions to problems of moderate complexity with other departments and business units.
- Provide training for systems processes and procedures for accounting team members.
- Maintain a solid understanding of accounting policies and stay current on changes in GAAP.
- Cross train with other team members to ensure coverage of all accounting areas.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures as assigned.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5+ years accounting experience, preferably in Fintech/SAAS, a mixture of Big 4 and industry experience is preferred.
- Strong in-depth working knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, understanding of internal controls, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting,
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritize and perform multiple projects while working with team members, as well as work independently with limited required direction.
- Positive attitude and flexible to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Eager to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team.
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA license preferred, not required.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.