Senior Developer - Groovy, Java, Grails
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
- Taulia empowers global 2000 firms to generate $10+ million/year in savings by offering to pay suppliers ahead of schedule if they agree to discount their invoices.
- Our team previously built and exited Ebydos, a leading accounts payable software solution we sold to 600+ enterprises.
- We are well funded by top-tier VC's and are already working with big, paying customers whose products you likely use every day.
- Taulia is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Düsseldorf (Germany), Park CIty, UT and Sales Offices in New York City and London.
- We’re selling fast and growing even faster. Join us at our headquarters in scenic San Francisco, CA.
About the Job:
- Write code. Elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Java, Groovy and Grails.
- Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our solution.
- Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
- Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
- If you are so inclined, take on a management responsibilities as the team grows.
- Experience working as a leader in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team. You care about culture and know how to set the pace while maintaining quality.
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed to mega-corporations. You understand how to work within the constraints of large customers without getting frustrated.
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing & deployment and TDD are all old hat to you.
- You’ve built a software as a service (SAAS) product and stuck around to scale it as well.
- You either are very strong on front-end and middle-tier or very strong in middle-tier and back-end and database interactions.
Nice to Have:
- You’ve used our tools: Java, J2EE, MySQL, Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, Grails.
- Experience building Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable software.
- Experience mentoring less experienced software engineers.
How to Apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in code and in English. Write whatever you like, but we'd prefer it if you could explain why you are excited to join a startup and/or tell us about something you've done you are particularly proud of.
In addition to a generous compensation and stock option package, Taulia also offers its employees the following benefits:
- A comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Life and LTD Insurance plans.
- A company-paid commuter benefit subsidy.
- 3 weeks paid vacation your first year of employment.
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, organic fruit, and regular fully-catered lunches.
- Bean bags and video games when you need a break.