Senior Data Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. We’re growing at 200+% annually while maintaining 100% customer retention rate. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Henkel, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
About the Job:
Taulia is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer who has a passion for building data products and systems. Our ideal candidate is bright, responsible, self-motivated, confident, and gets stuff done. We look for problem solvers who have the skill and experience to take large datasets and built the tools, processes, and systems to translate that data into actionable business decisions. Must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done while ensuring that we’re building a scalable system for the future of Taulia and our customers. We’re looking for someone who prides themselves on anticipating problems, looking beyond immediate issues and taking the initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure.
In return you’ll get the reward of working inside a passionate, hungry, and FUN team. You’ll get the joy of bringing a new product to life from concept to delivery, and the technical and business learnings of working with data and users at scale.
- Build and maintain a streaming infrastructure (AWS Kinesis & Lambda) to translate data from transactional product systems into a scalable DataMart architected for efficient reporting (Redshift and Aurora). This system must keep up with over 1M messages per day.
- Build processes to automatically supplement each streamed data piece with third party data from numerous APIs and sources (Salesforce, CapIQ, Social123, etc). Making sure out DataMart is always up to date and a true company data hub.
- Automate processes to transform datasets into efficient structure for reporting, and ensure that data is up to data in reporting tools (Salesforce, Analytics tools, etc).
- Maintain all components of data pipeline, from coding to deployments to monitoring.
- Design, build and support pipelines of data transformation, conversion, validation
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of large datasets (180 million Invoices, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Design and implement best practices for cloud based cluster deployments
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with AWS - provisioning and maintaining Kinesis, RDS, Redshift, EC2, VPCs, S3, EBS Volumes, etc.
- Experience with Python, Node.js
- Experience with MySQL - Setting up and maintaining multi-source replication on Percona MySQL databases, tuning queries, data modeling, etc.
- Experience with Kinesis/Lambda - Streaming messages, building consuming lambda functions
- Experience with Redshift/Aurora - maintaining clusters, designing table structures, interacting with S3 and moving data
- Experience integrating with APIs, particularly Salesforce, Box, AWS, etc.
- Ability to work directly with customers and gather reporting requirements
Taulia is a rapidly growing San Francisco based start-up with fantastic job benefits, tier one investors, and an entertaining yet fantastically competent culture. Taulia is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven (and humorous) entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our journey.
If you take your job seriously, but not yourself; If you enjoy the wild ride of start-up life and being a part of a team that knows how to debate, work with passion, and laugh; If you can make a positive impact on a company's core culture then apply now.