Senior Data Architect
Data Services | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
Taulia is seeking a Senior Data Architect to join our team focused on delivering solutions that help every business thrive by releasing cash locked in the financial supply chain
Tauila uses AI and data analytics to help companies understand their cash dynamics in order to unlock working capital and/or generate supplier yields on their excess cash. We also help our customers deliver productivity gains, foster innovation and ensure the financial health of their supply chains. Our platform leverages machine learning to predict how and when suppliers will want to be paid and match that demand with dynamic discounting or supply chain offers that maximize utility for both the buyer and supplier. In other words, we use data and AI to help companies thrive by liberating cash stuck in archaic payment terms and models.
The Senior Data Architect will work closely with the Data and Predictive Analytics teams and will be responsible for delivering conceptual and solution architecture designs across our product portfolio. The architect will primarily be focused on database, data quality, Big Data, and analytics platforms, supporting multiple global tenants. They will work closely with our other Software Architects to ensure that all teams optimize data structure and pipelines throughout the product.
The ideal candidate will:
- Manage discovery and framing sessions to help derive data workflows, surface new ideas, and help create a better understanding of challenges and opportunities.
- Be comfortable with deploying new data pipelines and data analytics tools to process data from millions of customers and diverse data sources.
- Contribute to overall technology strategy and serve as a solutions architect.
- Be comfortable in explaining complex technical concepts in a simplified manner to our internal and external stakeholders on different levels of organization.
- Be able to educate and mentor developers in the techniques and best-practices required to build highly-scalable, performant analytics pipelines.
- Be fluent in making presentations for both internal (department meetings, etc.,) and external forums (tech or industry conferences).
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or other technical field
- 5+ years of overall software Dev experience (Python, Java, C++, preferable) or as an architect.
- Past experience as Solutions Architect and/or Data Scientist is a big plus
- Proven experience in developing “at scale” analytics and machine learning solutions for production environments with large amounts of data
- Sound understanding of modeling techniques and algorithms.
- Solid knowledge of a variety of machine learning tools and an understanding about when to optimally deploy which tool/application
- Practical experience in the data engineering involved in developing a new data pipeline is a must
- Experience with stream-processing such as Kafka, Flink, Spark or others
- Experience with handling cloud infrastructure deployments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills