Finance | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 2 million businesses and processes more than $500 billion every year.
Through a unique combination of its technology platform, people and process, Taulia helps companies access the value tied up in their supply chain by transitioning from inefficient and often manual working capital management practices into technology-led, working capital optimization strategies.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
As a Senior Accountant, you will have the ability to operate effectively in a dynamic and complex environment. You will work with operational diligence and an understanding of technical and functional accounting. You will independently resolve challenges and have a strong work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own various accounting areas, including recording of transactions, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Manage month-end close for certain processes and accounts.
- Review work prepared by others, provide guidance on improvements.
- Continuously work towards improving efficiency and accuracy of financial close.
- Streamline, automate, develop, and implement best practice accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes when needed.
- Identify new processes, as the business continues to change and critically analyze variations from expectations.
- Challenge existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Design and launch processes, operational and accounting based on Company’s growing needs.
- Contribute to establish and strengthening internal control processes and procedures, including analysis, documentation, identifying and implementing improvements.
- Liaise with FP&A, sales, account management teams, and other cross-functional teams to gather data, improve processes, and support business needs.
- Work closely with the team to accomplish team and company goals and drive projects to completion
- Cross train with other team members to ensure coverage of all accounting areas
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting requests.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of accounting/finance work experience.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel and financial accounting systems – NetSuite is preferred.
- Ability to manage workload to meet established deadlines.
- Eagerness to learn and expand into new areas of responsibility.
- Proven ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, focuses on the goal at hand and sees projects through to completion.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.