SAP Expert (Pre-Sales)
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Taulia Inc. is an exciting young company that has developed a revolutionary business solution changing the way B2B organizations think about managing payments and discounts. Taulia's mission is to optimize the financial supply chain between the buyer and supplier relationship by eliminating the waste that exists. We do so through a unique combination of a cloud-based platform and a certified SAP Add-On.
- Taulia empowers global 2000 firms to generate $10+ million/year in savings by offering to pay suppliers ahead of schedule if they agree to discount their invoices.
- Our team previously built and exited Ebydos, a leading accounts payable software solution we sold to 600+ enterprises.
- We are well funded by top-tier VC's and are already working with big, paying customers whose products you likely use every day.
- Taulia is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Düsseldorf (Germany), Park CIty, UT and Sales Offices in New York City and London.
- We’re selling fast and growing even faster. Join us at our headquarters in scenic San Francisco, CA.
We are seeking a customer-facing SAP Expert for a key Senior Pre-Sales role!!!
The right candidate will possess a unique combination of SAP (FI/CO/MM) knowledge (business process and technical), and either will have several years of proven pre-sales success or will have been an exceptionally successful SAP project consultant with real pre-sales DNA. You will need a strong background in enterprise selling, and a detailed understanding of the business problems in accounts payable (A/P), procurement, and optimally, a basic understanding of treasury/cash management all in relation to SAP ERP. More specifically your knowledge base will be in the areas of FI, CO, and MM. The most qualified candidates will have likely worked for SAP, an SAP consulting partner, an SAP solution partner (ReadSoft, OpenText, etc), or have spent time as an SAP business analyst. Upon joining the team, intense training (internal and on-the-job) will help you by adding solution specific knowledge to your already broad set of skills and expertise. You will be a key player for the entire Taulia organization and a key-driver behind our continued sales growth.
You will be an essential part of the sales organization at Taulia Inc. As an early member, you will have the ability to help refine the presales process together with the sales team as well as Taulia's Chief Product Officer on prioritizing Taulia’s product roadmap. The responsibilities include:
- Excite our prospects during initial discovery discussions about our solution and your insight into both business processes and the underlying technology.
- Partner with account executives to develop and execute sales strategies.
- Be the SAP and Taulia solution expert in the sales process: Provide tailored live solution demonstrations to the prospect's needs and the audience. Your competence ranges from the cloud-based supplier facing aspects of the solution, to the back-end inside of SAP (where your SAP background will establish clear credibility on SAP).
- Create and deliver customer-specific presentations and demonstrations, technical presentations, answer technical questionnaires, and define pilot/proof of concept activities.
- Work with Account Executives and business stakeholders to develop convincing replies to RFI and RFP's, and apply your craft to other technical documents.
- Uncover evolving market needs/new features, and provide feedback and input to the Chief Product Officer in order to help Taulia maintain its cutting edge position.
- Minimum of 4 years of SAP experience with focus on FI/CO/MM experience in a pre-sales or project consultant role, ideally with 3 more years in either SAP or enterprise sales/presales.
- Strong professional business acumen and ability to communicate business value propositions to senior executives with the Fortune 500.
- An ability to dynamically map and align Taulia's functional solutions to a prospect's high level business opportunities.
- A strong understanding of the financial operational process within the Fortune 500.
- A deep understanding of the SAP Financials product, in addition to a strong general technical knowledge (i.e. Web technologies).
- An expert in team selling environments with strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, in addition to being flexible and quick thinking.
- Business analyst skills – expert understanding of complete purchase-to-pay and order-to-cash process, particularly in large organizations.
- Mature consultative selling skills - candidate needs to be able to consult on best practices for finance functions, primarily from an A/P perspective.
- SAP technical skills – communicate with client basis teams on how to install and configure SAP add-on, including how to Configure SAP add-on via an IMG tree.
- Ability to lead business case development workshops, produce business case reports, and lead multi-stakeholder and executive interviews.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Bachelors degree in business or computer science (or similar).
- Communication skills - candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- San Francisco is the preferred location. Other preferred cities considered include: Dallas, Chicago, New York, Boston and Atlanta.
- SAP implementation and project management skills is a plus.
- Startup experience. If you have supported or participated in the sale of the first 10-20 deals at an enterprise software start-up, that would be a huge plus.
- Experience with SaaS / subscription sales is a plus.
- Experience with Dynamic Discounting and discount management solutions and strategies would be a plus.
- Functional SAP knowledge; experience with SAP-based AP automation solutions and/ or supplier networks/e-invoicing (if not, you are ready to quickly climb the curve), having worked with SAP business workflow.
- Know what the letters ABAP stand for and possibly even did some SAP coding.
How to Apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We need people who can communicate in tech speak and in English. Write whatever you like, but we'd prefer it if you could explain why you are excited to join a startup and/or tell us about something you've done you are particularly proud of.
In addition to a generous compensation and stock option package, Taulia also offers its employees the following benefits:
- 3 weeks paid vacation your first year of employment, with additional vacation for more seniority
- A comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Life and LTD Insurance plans
- A company-paid commuter benefit subsidy
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, organic fruit, and regular fully catered lunches
- Beanbags and video games when you need a break