Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Taulia is looking for a Revenue Manager who will be responsible for revenue recognition and reporting. As Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for owning revenue compliance with U.S. GAAP and internal accounting policies. You will partner with the sales, legal, and business consultants, professional services team, and account directors, among other stakeholders in addition to traditional revenue accounting tasks. You will drive revenue recognition and establish analysis, review contracts, perform the monthly and quarterly close process for revenue, reconcile and validate deferred revenue and other accounts, book all required reserves and adjustments, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and support internal management reporting needs. You will also participate in special projects, as needed, providing both technical and/or operational knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own revenue recognition cycle, ensuring revenue is recorded accurately and timely.
- Maintain and enforce the Company's revenue recognition policy.
- Conduct necessary research to determine revenue recognition.
- Conduct analysis necessary to support revenue recognition practices.
- Perform and review monthly account analyses and reconciliations, including validating deferred revenue, accounts receivable and revenue financial statement balances.
- Manage a team to ensure proper revenue recognition and operations such that Taulia can scale.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and prepare periodic revenue and deferred revenue reports.
- Optimize and improve existing process to support Company’s growth.
- Build and maintain relationships with sales, legal, business consultants, professional services team, account Directors, and shared services personnel.
- Own sales tax reporting.
- Implement and document processes and procedures as required to support strong internal control environment.
- Provide internal management reports and support ad-hoc projects, as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 7-10+ years of revenue accounting and related experience, preferably in a software company.
- Advanced Knowledge of applying software revenue accounting guidelines - ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- Experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 606.
- Experienced with enterprise reporting systems.
- NetSuite experience.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish appropriate priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage and lead a team.
- Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives.
- "Self-starter" with outstanding analytical, communication, and technical skills and a can-do attitude.
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting practices.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.