Payment Operations Specialist
Taulia Trade Technology | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 2 million businesses and processes more than $500 billion every year.
Through a unique combination of its technology platform, people and process, Taulia helps companies access the value tied up in their supply chain by transitioning from inefficient and often manual working capital management practices into technology-led, working capital optimization strategies.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
As a Payment Operations Specialist, and part of Taulia Trade Technology operations, you will perform daily tasks to manage payment flows which directly deliver on critical customer business problems.
This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to facilitate smooth payment transactions in an industry-leading business model. Leveraging skills and experience in payment operations and working with a highly motivated technology driven team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute daily payment transaction and reconciliation activities.
- Work within a daily schedule to ensure that all activities are completed per published deadlines.
- Monitor the payment flows, perform daily account reconciliations, and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Critical "problem solving" - something didn't work - where/how is it broken and idea/options for resolution.
- React swiftly to issues which may arise, to summarize facts and provide recommendations for timely resolution of critical (real money) issues.
- Create, maintain, and distribute internal and external reporting, including to support any KYC, security, and auditing processes.
- Work closely with other teams within Taulia Trade Technology, Taulia, and other servicers and partners.
- 1-4 years payment operations experience, commercial payments preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of global, B2B payment methods and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with large volume payment setup, initiation, and reconciliation.
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business.
- Ability to use commercial banking tools and payment interfaces to create, track, or repair payment transactions.
- Demonstrated experience with critical deadlines, working on a predefined schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to triage incoming issues and prioritize accordingly.
- Comfortable in a global business setting and experienced with cultural differences with customers, partners, and staff.
- Adept in global banking payment methods and terminology.
- Ability to communicate complex situations and findings in plain language throughout different levels of the organization.
- Able to work in organized and virtual teams towards a shared goal.
- Detail oriented, must have “accountant” mindset to track and trace all payment transactions and outcomes.
- Deliver on expected results while working in a multi-dimensional role with competing priorities.
Nice to have:
- Experience in financial services, accounting, trade finance or payment operations.
- Intermediate Excel experience (e.g., Vlookup, Index Match, Pivot Tables).
- Experience with tools to collect, organize, and analyze large volume of transactional data.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.