Payment Operations Specialist
Taulia Trade Technology | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time | From $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 per year
Taulia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
About the Job:
As a Payment Operations Specialist, and part of Taulia Trade Technology operations, you will perform daily tasks to manage payment flows which directly deliver on critical customer business problems.
This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to facilitate smooth payment transactions in an industry-leading business model. Leveraging skills and experience in payment operations and working with a highly motivated technology driven team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute daily payment transaction and reconciliation activities.
- Work within a daily schedule to ensure that all activities are completed per published deadlines.
- Monitor the payment flows, perform daily account reconciliations, and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Critical "problem solving" - something didn't work - where/how is it broken and idea/options for resolution.
- React swiftly to issues which may arise, to summarize facts and provide recommendations for timely resolution of critical (real money) issues.
- Create, maintain, and distribute internal and external reporting, including to support any KYC, security, and auditing processes.
- Work closely with other teams within Taulia Trade Technology, Taulia, and other servicers and partners.
- 1-4 years payment operations experience, commercial payments preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of global, B2B payment methods and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with large volume payment setup, initiation, and reconciliation.
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business.
- Ability to use commercial banking tools and payment interfaces to create, track, or repair payment transactions.
- Demonstrated experience with critical deadlines, working on a predefined schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to triage incoming issues and prioritize accordingly.
- Comfortable in a global business setting and experienced with cultural differences with customers, partners, and staff.
- Adept in global banking payment methods and terminology.
- Ability to communicate complex situations and findings in plain language throughout different levels of the organization.
- Intermediate Excel experience (e.g., Vlookup, Index Match, Pivot Tables).
- Able to work in organized and virtual teams towards a shared goal.
- Detail oriented, must have investigative mindset to track and trace all payment transactions and outcomes.
- Deliver on expected results while working in a multi-dimensional role with competing priorities.
Nice to have:
- Experience in supply chain finance, financial services, accounting, trade finance or payment operations.
- Experience with tools to collect, organize, and analyze large volume of transactional data.
Taulia is a fintech company that is part of the SAP group. More than 2 million businesses in over 150 countries collaborate on our network. Our customers include Airbus, AstraZeneca, and Nissan. We help them and their suppliers access cash when and where they need it most. Some of our customers have improved their working capital by more than $1 billion while making their supply chains more resilient and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to): skills, depth of work experience, certifications, geography, etc. Total compensation for this role includes a generous benefits program, RSU incentive plan and annual performance bonus. Additionally, compensation is reviewed annually and career pathing opportunities are available for continued development.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.