Taulia Trade Technology | Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments, and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers has built a network connecting 2 million businesses and processes more than $500 billion every year.
Through a unique combination of its technology platform, people and process, Taulia helps companies access the value tied up in their supply chain by transitioning from inefficient and often manual working capital management practices into technology-led, working capital optimization strategies.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s a win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
Taulia is seeking a Manager of Operations to join our team focused on delivering solutions that help every business thrive by releasing cash locked in the financial supply chain.
As part of the Taulia Trade Technology operations, you will lead a team of specialists focused on the day to day funding and payment operations in support of our expanded ecosystem for bringing liquidity to our customer-driven financing.
We are seeking a proven operations leader to solidify and improve this critical area of our business.
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business.
- Successfully hired and managed an operational/support team of 5-20 FTEs (5+ years of experience).
- Demonstrated experience in trading operations, banking operations, payment operations, financing operations or equivalent (5+ years of experience).
- Experience in finance, financial services, accounting, trade finance, supply chain finance, payments, or fintech preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills, including Excel-based analysis.
- Strong desire to understand how things work.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problem patterns and adjust processes and tools to streamline operations.
- Keen focus on using business metrics and SLAs to drive business success and optimize operations.
- Comfortable in a global business setting and experienced with cultural differences with customers, partners, and staff.
- Fluency in English.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and monitor financial transactions, identifying and resolving complex financial issues as they arise.
- Develop, document, implement and improve operational processes and tools, including but not limited to processes and procedures and run books.
- Daily oversight of account reconciliation and balancing.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly monitoring, reporting, billing and reconciliation.
- Understand and translate "system processes" into the business processes (and implications) for all stakeholders.
- Complete in-depth analysis into financial transactions (across systems and processes, assess past-present-future implications).
- Critical "problem solving" - something didn't work - where/how is it broken and idea/options for resolution.
- Thinking about the big picture - how does something that is happening today (new issue) relate to something that happened in the system or process 3 months ago.
- Customer-facing activities - handle escalations, explain issues, drive to resolution.
- Build strong relationships with key customers and financial partners to ensure long-term program success.
- Work closely with other teams within Taulia, Taulia Trade Technology, and relevant service providers.
- Manage escalated issues, appropriately setting expectations, crafting communications, and proactively engaging.
- Identify patterns and repeatable activities – package these through documentation or training.
- Possesses strong industry knowledge and a technical aptitude.
- Strong communication and escalation management skills.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language.
- Able to work in teams towards a shared goal.
- Ability to change direction quickly, juggle time-sensitive priorities, evaluate trade-offs.
- Enjoying discovering and solving problems.
- Proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; take responsibility when needed.
- Being able to work in stressful situations and remain effective and flexible.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.