Network Operations Center Engineering Manager
Engineering | Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments, and improve supply chain health. Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, ourgame-changing technology powers a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and has accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments. Using our AI powered platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple, but our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to rocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
We are seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual to ensure 24/7 Monitoring of Taulia Infrastructure and Business processes. He/ she will respond to all critical alerts and follow necessary steps to mitigate issues, protecting above all customer experience.
- As a Lead/Manager:
= Ensure no gaps in monitoring and alerting;
= Ensure shift plan is up to date;
= Report weekly to Operations head on weekly activities;
= Report immediately of any critical issues that are not resolved via standard process;
= Manage improvements;
= Manage upgrades (communication and timeline);
- Ensure smooth customer experience;
- Monitor and alert on issue;
- Maintain: Operate run books and tools wherever possible and push teams to improve run books and tools;
- Coordinate Rapid Response when necessary;
- Following up on action items once we are out of Rapid response mode;
- Suggest improvements and new features for better Monitoring and alerting to Engineering and Operations teams;
- Ensure right level of Monitoring and Alerting is setup for:
= Infrastructure monitoring;
= Business Process monitoring;
= Alerting setup on victorOps;
- Triage, Respond and Mitigate.
Working hours: Monday-Friday Shifts
- 3+ years management experience in a 24/7 Network operations center and/or Technical Support and Operations;
- You lead by example. Understand the business context and keeps the team motivated and driven;
- You are not afraid of pointing out the problems and taking initiative to execute on solutions;
- You are calm and composed with a great ability to handle stressful situations, with quick prioritization, organization and executing on a plan;
- You are smart with an Intellectual curiosity that motivates you;
- You have worked for a company with a high traffic site;
- You have monitored large and complicated that handle tremendous load;
- You have experience supporting microservices based architecture;
- You’ve got experience with log collection and analysis, basic server metrics and/or performance monitoring;
- You’re service-oriented, and enjoy working with people from all departments;
- You are extremely reliable and we can count on you in times of need;
- You are comfortable with Relational and/or non-relational databases.
Nice to have:
- You have worked for a company with a payments processing product or system;
- You are comfortable writing scripts in ruby/bash/groovy/python (at least two of those);
- Demonstrable experience with Cloud operation technologies. Specifically, Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
If you take your job seriously, but not yourself. If you enjoy being a part of a team that knows how to debate, work with passion, and laugh. If you can make a positive impact on a company's core culture, then apply now.