Network Operations Center Engineer
Operations | Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses uses Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
About the Job:
We are seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated individual to ensure 24/7 Monitoring of Taulia Infrastructure and Business processes. He/ she will respond to all critical alerts and follow the necessary steps to mitigate issues, protecting above all customer experience.
- Ensure a smooth customer experience;
- Monitor and alert on an issue;
- Maintain: Operate run books and tools wherever possible and push teams to improve run books and tools;
- Coordinate Rapid Response when necessary;
- Following up on action items once we are out of Rapid response mode;
- Suggest improvements and new features for better Monitoring and alerting to Engineering and Operations teams;
- Ensure the right level of Monitoring and Alerting is set up for:
= Infrastructure monitoring
= Business Process monitoring
= Alerting setup on victorOps
= Triage, Respond and Mitigate.
Working hours: working on shifts, 24/7 coverage, incl. night shifts
- 1+ years experience in a 24/7 Network operations center and/or Technical Support and Operations;
- You are smart with an Intellectual curiosity that motivates you;
- You are calm and composed with a great ability to handle stressful situations, with quick prioritization, organization and executing on a plan;
- You have worked for a company with a high traffic site;
- You have monitored large and complicated systems/infrastructures that handle the tremendous load;
- You have experience supporting microservices-based architecture;
- You’ve got experience with log collection and analysis, basic server metrics and/or performance monitoring;
- You’re service-oriented, and enjoy working with people from all departments;
- You are extremely reliable and we can count on you in times of need;
- You are comfortable with Relational and/or non-relational databases.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience and knowledge of APM tools;
- You have worked for a company with a payments processing product or system;
- You are comfortable writing scripts in ruby/bash/groovy/python (at least two of those);
- Demonstrable experience with Cloud operation technologies. Specifically, Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.