Legal Counsel, Trade Finance
General and Administrative | Remote - EU | Full Time
Taulia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves, and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations, and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
About the Job:
Taulia is seeking a trade finance attorney with experience in the origination, syndication, distribution, and securitization of trade finance assets across a number of geographies, and the development of new trade finance structures and products. You will support the Distribution and Products teams, own diverse and complex legal issues that require excellent business judgment and work with outside counsel to achieve the business goals with creativity, flexibility, and a practical approach. This is an opportunity to join the company during a rapid growth phase and contribute to its success. Experience with technology platforms is a plus.
You will report to, and work closely with, the Associate General Counsel, located in the UK, and will have direct responsibility for supporting the business owners. Taulia is remote-friendly, but the preferred working location is either from the Eastern US time zone, the United Kingdom, or Western Europe (CET), for a lawyer qualified to practice in New York or in England.
Core Skills and Key Competencies:
- Provide legal support for the execution of trade finance transactions, with a particular focus on our accounts receivable finance product.
- Support Taulia’s global Distribution team to develop new funding structures for existing products and for new geographies.
- Work with Product to develop new product and service offerings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams, including Product, Distribution, Operations, Technology, and Finance.
- Understand and stay up to date on laws and regulations related to Taulia’s growing product offerings in various jurisdictions.
- Partner with other legal team members on the development and updates of templates, processes, and playbooks as business models evolve.
- Help in designing, building, and improving legal department processes to keep up with hyper-growth and scaling.
- Manage outside counsel.
- 4+ years experience in the origination, securitization, syndication, and distribution of trade finance assets, preferably with solid experience in accounts receivable financing; fintech experience is a plus.
- Experience navigating and negotiating complex legal documentation with customers and funding parties.
- Experience in developing funding structures, including for new products and geographies.
- Experience entering new markets and geographies.
- Familiarity with different funding structures, including LMA, BAFT participations, SPV structures, and notes programs.
- Licensed to practice in New York or England and Wales.
Nice to Have:
- A motivated self-starter with flexibility and the ability to provide high-quality work on a wide range of complex matters, often in a time-sensitive and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently project manage.
- Open-minded and with a willingness to operate outside of their comfort zone.
- Is ethical and has strong business acumen and savvy, good common sense, and sound and pragmatic judgment, particularly in time-sensitive, critical situations.
- Is self-confident and can instill confidence in, and effectively communicate and deal with, business and legal counterparts inside and outside the company and with senior executives.
- Proven high-performing legal experience, preferably in an in-house environment but private practice candidates will also be considered.
- Strong analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
- Sense of humor and superior work ethic.
Taulia is a fintech company that is part of the SAP group. More than 2 million businesses in over 150 countries collaborate on our network. Our customers include Airbus, AstraZeneca, and Nissan. We help them and their suppliers access to cash when and where they need it most. Some of our customers have improved their working capital by more than $1 billion while making their supply chains more resilient and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to): skills, depth of work experience, certifications, geography, etc. Total compensation for this role includes a generous benefits program, RSU incentive plan, and annual performance bonus. Additionally, compensation is reviewed annually and career pathing opportunities are available for continued development.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company-issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.