Funding Operations Specialist
Taulia Trade Technology | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 2 million businesses and processes more than $500 billion every year.
Through a unique combination of its technology platform, people and process, Taulia helps companies access the value tied up in their supply chain by transitioning from inefficient and often manual working capital management practices into technology-led, working capital optimization strategies.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
As a Funding Operations Specialist with the Taulia Trade Technology operations team you will have critical responsibilities focused on the day to day financing/funding operations in support of our expanded ecosystem for bringing liquidity to our customer-driven financing.
This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with financial institutions, partners, and funders to ensure the day-to-day success of our customer programs in an industry-leading business model. Leveraging skills and experience in financing/funding operations and working with a highly motivated technology driven team.
- 1-4 years experience in banking, trading, financing or investments operations in financial institutions or treasury functions in large corporations.
- Demonstrated understanding of global, B2B finance.
- Demonstrated experience with administration of financial instruments, supervision of financial accounts, balances reconciliation, and reporting.
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business.
- Demonstrated experience with critical deadlines, working on a predefined schedule
- Comfortable in a global business setting and experienced with cultural differences with customers, partners, and staff.
- Strong communication skills in corporate environment.
- International experience in financial services, trade finance, or brokerage operations.
- Intermediate Excel experience (e.g., Vlookup, Index Match, Pivot Tables).
- Experience with tools to collect, organize, and analyze large volume of transactional data
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with funding partners to allocate and secure the funding for the daily processes.
- Liaise with our partners on the issuance, settlement, and administration of financial instruments.
- Reconcile, review, validate, and transmit funding data for the purposes of the different stakeholders.
- Create, maintain, and distribute internal and external reporting.
- Work within a daily schedule to ensure that all activities are completed per published deadlines.
- Critical "problem solving" - something didn't work - where/how is it broken and idea/options for resolution.
- React swiftly to issues which may arise, to summarize facts and provide recommendations for timely resolution of critical (real money) issues.
- Work closely with other teams within Taulia Trade Technology, Taulia and other servicers and partners.
- Aptitude for numbers, financial equations, and reconciliation.
- Aptitude for defining and improving business processes.
- Basic understanding of one of more financial instruments used for global financial.
- Ability to communicate complex situations and findings in plain language throughout different levels of the organization.
- Able to work in organized and virtual teams towards a shared goal.
- Deliver on expected results while working in a multi-dimensional role with competing priorities.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.