Financial Operations Specialist
Product | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. We’re growing at 200+% annually while maintaining 100% customer retention rate. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Henkel, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
About the Job:
The Financial Operations Specialist role is a unique and exciting opportunity to facilitate smooth B2B transactions in a cutting-edge business model within the Financial Supply Chain. Leveraging skills and experience in banking transactions, working capital management, AP & AR functions, and customer relationship management, you will partner with some of the largest companies in the world in maintaining their working capital programs. This position will work closely with the Supplier Success Team, Customer Support, Suppliers and Buyers to ensure Taulia maintains and improves our SLA to both our internal and external customers. This position will also work closely with FinOps Management and our Finance Partners on project related tasks around proactive resolution of payment issues, payment data reconciliations, scheduled reporting tasks and Buyer-Related process improvements.
• Degree in accounting, finance, economics or business.
• Strong experience in Customer Service or Client Relationship Management
• Experience in finance, financial services, accounting, trade finance, supply chain finance, payments or FinTech preferred.
• Ability to communicate/translate complex financial and system issues in plain language to the customer
• Ability to empathize with customers and diffuse tense situations
• SAP or other ERP eco-system experience preferred.
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system preferred.
• Strong desire to understand how things work.
• Demonstrated ability to do root-cause analysis
• Demonstrated ability to triage incoming issues and prioritize accordingly
• Comfortable in a global business setting and experienced with cultural differences with customers, partners and staff
• SQL and Relational Database experience preferred
• Intermediate Excel experience preferred (Vlookup, Index Match, Pivot Tables, etc…)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working directly with our Suppliers, Buyers, and Finance Partners regarding issues that arise around payments, ensuring good internal/external communication, and driving resolution
• Working with our Supplier Success and Sales team to ensure new Suppliers are on-boarded into our platform seamlessly
• Taking ownership of issues that arise, maintain a queue and owning the issue until resolution.
• Identifying patterns around issues and communicating system improvement recommendations to management
• Critical "problem solving" - something didn't work - where/how is it broken and idea/options for resolution
• Thinking about the big picture - how does something that is happening today (new issue) relate to something that happened in the system or process 3 months ago
• Work closely with other teams within Taulia (Customer Success, Product Management, Technical Support, Finance)
• Partnering with FinOps Management and our Finance Partners on process improvement, data reconciliation, and process automation initiatives
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Possesses strong industry knowledge and a technical aptitude
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language
• Able to work in teams towards a shared goal
• Ability to change direction quickly, juggle time-sensitive priorities, evaluate trade-offs
• Enjoying discovering and solving problems
• Proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; take responsibility when needed
• Being able to work in stressful situations and remain effective and flexible