Director of Technology - Shanghai, China
Engineering | China | Full Time
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
About the Job:
We are seeking a highly-skilled technology leader with a storied history in the technological sector with regard to supply chain finance Fintech area. This position is tasked with working with the global Technology team and regional Product and Sales teams to make Taulia China successful, and support building up China local functionalities to enhance our solution in meeting local needs.. The position holder should be an effective communicator, an expert in technological development and orchestrator in business needs and technologic values. The person should be comfortable being hands-on implementing and configuring technology solutions, and be able to work with senior leaders to continually improve the solution towards a long term vision.
The position holder will work directly under the Head of China and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of Taulia in China.
Director of Technology’s Responsibilities:
- Working with the global R&D teams to ensure local needs are met for asolid and compliant infrastructure for Taulia in China
- Advocating on behalf of Taulia China’s unique regional technological requirements and being a champion for Taulia China in the organization.
- Connect with China local providers such as data service and technology product to deliver local features or products approved
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals and managing timelines for development and deployment of all customer implementations and integration services by both internal resources and external vendors.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and providing local support where needed in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments in the China market.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree or above in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 5-8 years working in a technological role in banking and finance sector.
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- A strong mindset of start-up and ability to deliver by individual and with team.
- Extensive industry knowledge in Tech (preferably in Fintech) with an eye towards the future.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.