Director of Product Management, China
Product | China | Full Time
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
About the Job:
Taulia is seeking a Director of Product Management, China to join our team focusing on developing and delivering solutions that help every business thrive by releasing cash locked in the financial supply chain.
Taulia delivers innovative early payment and financing solutions to enable our customers to achieve their working capital and cash management goals. As the leader of the Product team in China, you will be at the heart of building and driving the material expansion of our customer solutions for the marketplace. You will be responsible for development and delivery of new products and services driving new revenue and directly impacting the growth of the company. The Director of Product Management, China will work with key stakeholders externally and internally to capitalize on Taulia market position and competencies and drive additional value with improved and expanded solutions for existing and new customers.
As a Director of Product Management, you will:
- Develop and manage the product strategy for China market, including both financial service products (Fin) and technology enablement products (Tech).
- Develop and manage the product development plan for the creation (new products in China), localization (existing global products) and rollout of such products and services in China.
- Compose product paper to elaborate each product’s detailed design with collaboration of both internal functions and external partners to ensure a viable and validated product creation for China market.
- Understand global products and application into China market, and raise proposal for product localization to bring core value into local market and generate synergy for Taulia’s global network.
- Drive and ensure delivery of end-to-end product and solution(s), including but not limited to legal, compliance, operations, documents and collaterals, sales enablement and customer support.
- Build up China local documentation package across the whole customer life cycle, including product, legal agreements, implementation, customer launch and customer success, supplier outreach and customer support.
- Work closely with Sales team from product support perspective, with active participation in legal negotiation and project implementation so as to gain customer feedback for continued product development.
- Work closely with our strategic partners including financial institutions and technology provider to build up funding infrastructure in China and expand funding network, as well as functional developments for Taulia platform.
- Work with global product team to support global initiative from China perspective, such as local regulation and general legal context, user case, customer practices
- Very solid experience and capabilities in overall product management, with highly organized and professional product development methodology and proven track record in such areas.
- Strong knowledge in Supply Chain Finance, Reverse Factoring, Approved Payables Finance offering(s) , Receivable Solution as well as Inventory Financing in China’s banking industry, including global services and delivery.
- Good understanding with detailed knowledge of all related aspects of above products and solutions in China - including but not limited to operation process, accounting treatment, legal constructs, funding considerations, and technology enablement etc.
- Very good command in English in both written and verbal communication, capable of writing professional documents in Product Management area with highly organized structure, and reviewing legal agreements with Legal counsel and external customers for comment and revisions.
- Demonstrated experience (10+ year) as a Product Manager with hands-on experience.
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) in management role for product development strategy
- A strong mind-set of start-up and ability to deliver by individual and with team.
Nice to Have:
- Good understanding of technology enablement around the overall financial operation process, such as eKYC (Know-your-customer), eKYB (Know-your-business), online Due Diligence, PBOC CRC online process, so as to build integral solution suite for Taulia in China.
- Previous project experience in banking sector for system developments and technology enhancement in area of trade and SCF would be a good plus.
- Good knowledge in cash management and payment solution for corporates would be a good plus.
- Experience and knowledge In SCF backed ABN/ABS and connectivities with FI in this regard would be a good plus.
- Intellectually curious, asks questions and connects things meaningfully.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.