Engineering | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. We’re growing at 200+% annually while maintaining 100% customer retention rate. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Henkel, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
About the Job:
Our team is enthusiastic and eager to support an ambitious company that is changing the world. Thriving on collaborative innovation, you will join a rich culture of Taulians who enjoy working together. Our vibrant headquarters is equipped with catered meals, a game room, and, most importantly, the tools and executive team to set you up for success. As the DevOps Engineer, you play a critical role and are responsible for being a member of Taulia’s DevOps group who create, operate, maintain and evolve our infrastructure that supports our Fortune 500 customers and our products.
You will take part in projects to enhance our platform and infrastructure while working with a cutting edge team. You will help see initiatives from idea to completion, ensuring that the goal was met through a scalable and robust solution.
This is a hands-on position, which will require the following capabilities:
• Contribute in the DevOps team to maintain and build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
• Evolve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies, and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time and quick turnaround of deployments for the engineering organization.
• Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure, and fault-tolerant, as we are providing financial applications for the Fortune 500.
• Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and other clients and partners of the DevOps team to meet the needs of the organization to stay competitive - from the infrastructure up to the highest level of applications.
• Take on the same responsibilities of being on-call, writing deployment scripts, debugging applications, evaluating new technologies, and more. • Drive the process in which our DevOps team operates and iterates/releases.
• You are smart with an intellectual curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends - but you also have deep knowledge in the tools of choice.
• You have supported Linux/Unix deployments for a company with a high traffic site in the cloud.
• You have designed, monitored and managed scalable and fault-tolerant deployments and supported them in real-world scenarios.
• You have experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure.
• You are service-oriented, and enjoy working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible.
• You are comfortable writing scripts in ruby/bash/groovy/python (at least two of those).
• You are comfortable being on call.
• You have demonstrable experience with our stack - Google Cloud/AWS, Tomcat, MySQL, Cassandra, Apache, HAProxy, ActiveMQ etc.
Nice to Have:
• Previous experience working with distributed teams - directly interacting with the development teams.
• Experience with Docker, Openshift, Fullstack, Chef, or Puppet.
• Experience with network and server security.