Data Services | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
Taulia is looking for an experienced Data Engineer who has a passion for building data products and systems. Our ideal candidate is bright, responsible, self-motivated, confident, and gets stuff done. We look for problem solvers who have the skill and experience to take large datasets and build the tools, processes, and systems to translate that data into actionable business decisions. Must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done while ensuring that we’re building a scalable system for the future of Taulia and our customers. We’re looking for someone who prides themselves on anticipating problems, looking beyond immediate issues and taking the initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure.
In return you’ll get the reward of working inside a passionate, hungry, and FUN team. You’ll get the joy of bringing a new product to life from concept to delivery, and the technical and business learnings of working with data and users at scale.
- Help build and maintain a streaming infrastructure (AWS Kinesis & Lambda) to translate data from transactional product systems into a scalable DataMart architected for efficient reporting (Redshift and Aurora). This system must keep up with over 1M messages per day.
- Help build and maintain processes to automatically supplement each streamed data piece with third party data from numerous APIs and sources (Salesforce, CapIQ, Social123, etc). Making sure our DataMart is always up to date and a true company data hub.
- Automate processes to transform datasets into efficient structure for reporting, and ensure that data is up to date in reporting tools (Salesforce, Analytics tools, etc).
- Maintain all components of data pipeline, from coding to deployments to monitoring.
- Design, build and support pipelines of data transformation, conversion, and validation
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of large datasets (180 million Invoices, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Design and implement best practices for cloud based cluster deployments
- 4+ years experience in a Data Engineering oriented role.
- Experience with AWS - Kinesis, RDS, Redshift, EC2, VPCs, S3, EBS Volumes, etc.
- Experience with Python, Node.js
- Experience with MySQL
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kinesis/Lambda - Streaming messages, building consuming lambda functions
- Experience with Redshift/Aurora - maintaining clusters, designing table structures, interacting with S3 and moving data
- Experience integrating with APIs, particularly Salesforce, Box, AWS, etc.
Taulia is a rapidly growing San Francisco based start-up with fantastic job benefits, tier one investors, and an entertaining yet fantastically competent culture. Taulia is an equal opportunity employer seeking only the most driven (and humorous) entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join our journey.
If you take your job seriously, but not yourself; If you enjoy the wild ride of start-up life and being a part of a team that knows how to debate, work with passion, and laugh; If you can make a positive impact on a company's core culture then apply now.