Contract Operations Manager
Customer Success - Buyer Success | Any Location | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Position:
As Contract Operations Manager, your primary focus will be to own customer contracts, manage all operations around contract communications, tracking against guarantees and customer pricing tiers, and successfully renew all existing Taulia agreements. You will work to help drive standardization in contract terms, structure, product definitions and policies to facilitate fairness and scalability / easier tracking.
You will work closely with all parties responsible for executing a renewal contract. The teams will include (but not limited to) Sales, Legal, Customer Success, and Professional Services. You will take on direct responsibility for renewals on smaller or easier contracts to ensure on-time completion; and will support and coordinate with the Customer Success Account Director(s), Senior Business Consultants, and the Customer Success Leadership to ensure execution and upsell on the larger or more complex contracts.
- Contract management and data storage in Salesforce.
- Become contract content subject matter expert.
- Perform extensive contract audits and understand legal details of each agreement, including cliffs, constraints, guarantees, and commitments between the customer and Taulia.
- Capture compliance gaps like overages, missing commitments, billing shortfalls, not tracking to invoice or spend commitments.
- Develop, maintain, and document standardized processes associated with contract renewals.
- Define and execute reporting for current contracts around renewals; risk; upsell opportunities.
- Define and execute processes for capturing new OPPORUNITIES for Customer Success Sales (renewals; Upselling of Category 2 deals).
- Facilitate contract operations and communication.
- Create contract operation playbook outlining all contract management processes.
- Collaborate with Account Directors, Business Consultants, and Leadership to facilitate renewals.
- Follow and or enhance forecasting with a number of forecast reports (through Opportunities in Salesforce).
- Manage and optimize new upsell opportunities.
- Engage and support Account Directors and Business Consultants in upsell targets and reporting out of Salesforce.
- Define and maintain list of solutions we will look to upsell.
- Develop strong relationships with Account Directors, Business Consultants, and leadership to gain a clear understanding of their customer needs to help close upsell opportunities.
- Cultivate a trusting relationship with customers (particularly customers with no Account Director or Business Consultant) to facilitate long term commitment while upselling additional core products and services.
- Own Taulia’s contract process policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or equivalent experience a plus.
- Previous experience in Working Capital programs, Procure-to-Pay, Supply Chain, Procurement, and/or Business Consulting is a plus.
- Action-oriented, self-motivator individual who is capable of leading a team or working independently.
- Experience advising and communicating with senior management.
- Ability to develop new and creative approaches in negotiating and managing contracts.
- Able to negotiate and drive a renewal (or deal) to conclusion with minimal support.
- Superior critical and analytical thinking skills with keen attention to detail to make recommendations based on analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including active listening.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects with great time management skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, SAP, Confluence, MS Office, Box, and basic contract management methodologies.