Application Support Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The founding Taulians envisioned a world where technology could connect all businesses, of all sizes, to boost global economic growth through a platform that enables payment choices.
Today, with Taulia’s innovative, cloud-based technology, it’s a reality. Businesses can now have full flexibility to choose when and how to pay and get paid, providing better access to working capital for them and their entire financial supply chains. By helping 1,000,000 buyer-supplier relationships across more than 130 countries, Taulia has freed up over $35 billion in cash flow worldwide. We’re growing at 200+% annually while maintaining 100% customer retention rate. That’s why companies like Coca-Cola, Vodafone, eBay, Salesforce, PayPal, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca choose Taulia.
If you are someone who is as passionate about customer success as you are interested in supply chain finance, and if you’re someone who likes to keep things weird and interesting, Taulia provides an opportunity to work with brilliant yet fun individuals while helping to improve the global economy.
About the Job:
As an Application Support Engineer you will guarantee the successful operation of Taulia's Working Capital Management platform. You will work closely with agile development teams to research and prevent complex software and infrastructure problems. You will contribute to component design, build tools, and architect the monitoring and alerting systems that keep our platform healthy.
- Be working capital tribe's pariscope to the real world. Create feedback systems so we know how business use cases perform against real users and real load.
- Read code, query databases, and sleuth through application logs to understand problems and work with development teams to address them at their source.
- Publish and maintain runbooks. Ensure that if an issue occurs, we have a plan to catch and fix it faster next time.
- Work closely with teams and advocate for supportable and sustainable design.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for working capital tribe.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2+ years developing or supporting a web application environment.
- Experience building software in a language such as Java, Python or Ruby.
- Excellent ability to read unfamiliar source code and understand large-scale application architecture.
- Competence with unix-like command line interfaces and tools for system administration.
- Expertise in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases.
- Exceptional tenacity. You chase issues across departments and never let them drop.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with our technologies: Groovy, Java, MySQL, Cassandra, ActiveMQ, Kafka, and Docker.
- Experience with our tools: NewRelic, AWS, Graylog, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Familiarity building or supporting a dense service oriented architecture and RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of payment processing or working capital management.