Application Support Engineer
Engineering | Remote in Sofia, Bulgaria | Full Time
Taulia's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
Taulia is a fintech company that is part of the SAP group. More than 2 million businesses in over 150 countries collaborate on our network. Our customers include Airbus, AstraZeneca, and Nissan. We help them and their suppliers access cash when and where they need it most. Some of our customers have improved their working capital by more than $1 billion while making their supply chains more resilient and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
About Sofia Office
- Largest Taulia office with over 115 employees from all departments
- Convenient location, lunch budget, exciting list of perks
- WFH-friendly and flexible hours - way before Covid-19 times
- Possibility to be fully remote from anywhere in the country
- 8 Engineering teams (and growing)
- Educational budget (covers books, courses, conferences, and more)
- We value diversity and a safe working environment
- We also value you, owning your work. No bossing around or micro-management
About the Job
As an Application Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to ensure that the Taulia platform continues to operate as expected through research and prevention of complex software and infrastructure problems. You will join a team that specializes in troubleshooting and problem analysis. As a member of this team, you will be expected to diagnose the cause of reported application issues, and to provide temporary workarounds for these issues while proposing solutions to product and development teams. Workarounds include data manipulation using internal tooling, data manipulation using SQL queries, proposing steps for a customer to remedy a problem, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Query databases and sleuth through application logs to understand problems and address them at their source
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner
- Document troubleshooting steps and resolution actions clearly to ensure that if an issue occurs more than once, we will diagnose and resolve it more efficiently the next time
- Contribute to the planning of feature improvements for the platform
- Contribute to the planning and design of internal tooling
- Maintain solid relationships with all internal organizations while working somewhat independently to resolve issues
- Set up monitoring, build automations, or develop scripts in order to perform duties more proactively and efficiently
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- 2+ years supporting a web application environment
- Expertise in problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Great communication skills
- Ability to read unfamiliar source code and understand large-scale application architecture
- Competence with Unix-like command line interfaces and tools for system administration
- Team player with exceptional determination
Nice to Have
- Ability to read and debug code
- Experience with our technologies: Groovy, Java, MySQL, Cassandra, Camunda, ActiveMQ, Docker, Babelway…
- Experience with our tools: Slack, JIRA, Graylog, Redash, BigQuery, Grafana, NewRelic, Confluence, VictorOps…
- Strong ability to write code
- Knowledge of working capital management
- Experience building software in a language such as Java, Python, or Ruby
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer --Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.