Application Support Engineer
Engineering | Austin, TX | Full Time
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 1.5 million businesses across 168 countries and accelerated more than $80 billion in early payments.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the Job:
As an Application Support Engineer you will guarantee the successful operation of Taulia's E-Invoicing platform. You will integrate with an agile development team to research and prevent complex software and infrastructure problems. You contribute to component design, build tools, and architect the monitoring and alerting systems that keep our platform healthy.
- Be a scrum team’s periscope to the real world. Create feedback systems so they know how their components perform against real users and real load.
- Read code, query databases, and sleuth through application logs to understand problems and address them at their source.
- Publish and maintain runbooks. Ensure that if an issue occurs, we have a plan to catch and fix it faster next time.
- Contribute to the planning of new features. Advocate for supportable and sustainable design.
- Participate in an on-call rotation as the technical manager for your domain.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- 2+ years developing or supporting a web application environment.
- Experience building software in a language such as Java, Python or Ruby.
- Excellent ability to read unfamiliar source code and understand large-scale application architecture.
- Competence with unix-like command line interfaces and tools for system administration.
- Expertise in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases.
- Great communication skills.
- Exceptional tenacity. You chase issues across departments and never let them drop.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with our technologies: Groovy, Java, MySQL, Cassandra, ActiveMQ, and Docker.
- Experience with our tools: NewRelic, AWS, Graylog, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Familiarity building or supporting a microservice architecture and RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of E-Invoicing or working capital management.