Lead/Senior iOS Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA / possibly Remote with some Travel
Are you a Lead or Senior Software Engineer who loves creating fun products? Like games? And music? TastemakerX is looking for a Lead iOS Engineer who will lead all iOS development and contribute broadly as a senior member of the technical team. You will be part of a high velocity engineering team that is valued in the organization.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA but could be a remote position if you are the right person.
About the Job
As the Lead/Senior iOS Engineer at TastemakerX you would:
- Help shape the future of TastemakerX on the iOS platform
- Design & Implement new features and optimize existing ones
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management and designers
- Identify bottlenecks and lead a profiling effort for our iOS application
- Build out a team to support your efforts when the time comes
- Ready to participate as a senior member of our technical staff
- Extensive experience with all things iOS -- you will be the expert!
- Experience working on at least one high volume iOS application
- Independent problem solving skills, ability to write performance sensitive code
- Understanding of CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Interested in leading a team of iOS engineers when the time comes
- Experience with at least one modern source control package (we use Git)
- Knowledge of Agile engineering practices
- Lead or Senior Developer for a major iOS application
- Passionate about unit testing, test driven development, peer code review and other high performance engineering methodologies
- Advocate for excellent mobile application design (both iPhone and iPad)
- Web services and syndication experience (e.g. Last.fm, Twitter, Facebook, Spotify)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with scrum
TastemakerX is a mobile social game and website that allows players to express musical taste by building virtual, 'followable' portfolios of the artists they love. Our mission is to connect people who love music all over the world and the artists they follow. TastemakerX is growing and needs talented, motivated people to join us in that mission.
TastemakerX is led by CEO and co-founder Marc Ruxin and CTO/CPO and co-founder Sandro Pugliese. We are backed by Guggenheim Ventures, Baseline, True Ventures, Tekton Ventures, and AOL Ventures; and investors and advisors who include: John Battelle, Marc Geiger, Andrew Anker, Mich Mathews, Ted Rheingold, Paul Bricault, Ian Rogers, Mike Lazerow and others.
We're growing and are well funded and if you're interested in joining the team at TastemakerX, please send your resume, your portfolio, and an (optional) cover letter telling us what inspires you and why you think you are perfect for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or do something other than coding, we would love to hear about it when you write.
TastemakerX in the Press
Tech Crunch -- http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/14/tastemakerx-launch/
Billboard Magazine -- http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/digital-and-mobile/exclusive-indie-rock-stock-exchange-tastemakerx-1007320152.story
Xconomy -- http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisco/2012/06/14/tastemakerx-builds-a-taste-graph-to-reward-music-trendspotters/